WinRAR 5.40 Final Activate is HERE (X86/64)
WinRAR 5.40 is a powerful compression tool with many integrated additional functions to help you organize your compressed archives. WinRAR 5.40 puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression. By consistently creating smaller archives, WinRAR 5.40 is often faster than the competition. This will save you disk space, transmission costs AND valuable working time as well.
WinRAR 5.40 Features
Using WinRAR 5.40 puts you ahead of the crowd when it comes to compression by consistently making smaller archives than the competition, saving disk space and transmission costs.WinRAR provides complete support for RAR and ZIP archives and is able to unpack CAB, ARJ, LZH, TAR, GZ, ACE, UUE, BZ2, JAR, ISO, 7Z, Z archives.WinRAR offers a graphic interactive interface utilizing mouse and menus as well as the command line interface.
WinRAR is easier to use than many other archivers with the inclusion of a special «Wizard» mode which allows instant access to the basic archiving functions through a simple question and answer procedure. This avoids confusion in the early stages of use.
WinRAR offers you the benefit of industry strength archive encryption using AES (Advanced Encryption Standard) with a key of 128 bits.
WinRAR supports files and archives up to 8,589 billion gigabytes in size. The number of archived files is, for all practical purposes, unlimited.
- “Name encoding” submenu in “Options” menu allows to select
encoding for archived file names. This selection affects archive
browsing and extraction commands. You can use Ctrl+E keyboard
shortcut to access this menu quickly.
- If RAR recovery volumes (.rev files) are present in the same folder
as usual RAR volumes, archive test command verifies .rev contents
after completing testing .rar files.
- While NTFS file system permits file names with trailing spaces
- Previously “Synchronize archive contents” update mode
- WinRAR Shift+Del delete command can be used to delete folders
- You can drag folders from folder tree panel and drop them to
other programs or Desktop to copy or unpack them. Drag the archive
icon in tree panel root to unpack the entire archive.
- “New folder” button in extraction dialog proposes a new folder name
based on archive name instead of generic “New Folder”.
- Command line RAR version information:
- If -p switch is used without optional <pwd> parameter,
a password can be also set with file redirection or pipe.
- Command line RAR treats ‘arcname.partN’ as ‘arcname.partN.rar’
- Improvements in 7z archives support:
- Maximum comment length for RAR archives is increased from 64 to 256 KB.
- Size of default WinRAR viewer font is scaled up properly
in Windows high DPI mode.
- Minimum supported Windows version is Windows XP SP3 now.
- “Settings/File list/Allow all uppercase names” option is removed.
- Bugs fixed